Thursday, January 3, 2013

We're Keeping Busy Waiting

I love to make up my own Yogi Berra quotes, hence the title of this post.  We're waiting for several things.  When will we know if we will be adopting 3 or 5 girls?  When will Homeland Security receive the updated hardcopy of our homestudy so they can approve us?  When will Ukraine give us a court date?  Lyuba, Diana and Snezhana are waiting too.  When can they come to America?  That's the question they keep asking us.  I just hope they are kept busy and time goes fast for them.

While waiting for the answers to those questions, we still have to fundraise.  We still need about $23,000 to fund the three girls' adoption.  We'll need more if we can adopt their other two little sisters at the same time.  I'm not sure how much more, but I'm guessing about $13,000.  That includes an extra week stay in Ukraine (and time off of work for Jay) along with adoption fees, airfare and government fees for the two girls.  That adds up to $36,000 that we need by the middle of February!  I know the adoption fees sound like a lot, but when you break it all down you can see that they all make sense.  They just really add up.  We have been blessed with what we've needed when we have needed it so far.

It is all rather overwhelming when I think about it all.  I've been taking things one step at a time and have been okay.  It's hard for me to describe it, but I feel that we are being watched over.  Jay and I have both separately had thoughts about the girls' deceased grandmother being involved, from the other side, in their lives.  Of course she cares about them tremendously.  And we have both had our own witness that she is involved with what is going on.

We are so thankful to all of you that have donated. We're going to be working on more fundraisers this month. Hopefully we can step things up a notch to raise the money in time. I think of the three girls and it keeps me going. They must be out of the orphanage and in our family! To have them stay in the orphanage is unthinkable to Jay and me.  Please donate to their adoption if you are able to.  Even small amounts add up. 

1 comment:

  1. Arin, you amazing woman, you! We will get that money. And really... such a small amount when you compare it to the lives of these girls. :) We will get there...

    ReplyDelete