Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fun Memory Friday

I really enjoyed hosting the girls and getting a glimpse of a different culture.  At times the girls seemed like barbarians to us and I know that at times we seemed like barbarians to them!  I think the key to enjoying it was having a sense of humor about things.  One of those times when having a sensitive funny bone came in handy was when my husband took the girls shopping.  They came home with this huge smoked turkey drumstick.  I'd never seen one before.  It actually was tastey.  We ate some and then put it in the fridge.  A few days later we were helping the girls clean their room when we came across the turkey drumstick under one of their beds!  I incredulously exclaimed, "We're living with the Flintstones!"  I was getting a kick out of the humor of that and don't worry, the girls didn't speak English and had no idea what I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment